Thursday, January 8, 2009

untitled 1

i thought i was well adjusted
but empty homes
and filled holes
bring tears to my eyes
dodging fallen branches
after 6 new phones
i still call on my off days
the door hanger still new
but the lawn unmowed
no visitors anymore
just ghosts of children on bikes
and gravel rocks displaced
to support flowers you'll never see
goodbyes spoken to granite and dirt
and these words will never be enough
nor the tears on solid graves
my spiritual home rests with you
cradling arms that abandoned me
you never let me fall alone
you never really let me fall
and as i write this all i see
are pieces of unopened mail
showing grocery lists designed for cakes and cookies for sunday service
you left me
and created this void
you completed the void i struggle to fill your shoes with something even halfway adequate
but no one else remembers cookie dough saturday
no one else taught me to love me
no one else held me when i cried after facing a handpicked switch
GSN
TBN
you taught me God
and the 3 of you destroyed Him to me
to be so NEW
these BERRYs seem to be rotting in my heart
alongside


me

No comments:

Post a Comment